<$BlogRSDURL$>
Click for Perth, Western Australia Forecast

Cubicle of the Mindless

Blog.... started as an idea, to update & inform friends of my life. Had wanted 2lessen any kinda alienation, & 2save me the trouble of reiterating daily details. Now I do crap here, occasionally some personal thoughts & reflections. Don't worry, ur secrets are still safe with me. 8^)

Monday, November 22, 2004

the car died again

I'm such a genius! I repaired a car 2day! Here's the story,

David drove the car to pick up his gf from the airport. The car was already acting up few days ago. Really couldnt rely on it, but I felt it was ok, & so asked him to use it.

Got his call when I was waiting for the bus to city... Couldnt be good I tot. So the car broke down. There was a pop sound, & all he saw was a yellowish liquid bursting outta the bonnet.

Really shocked... My heart sank... sighs, breakdown again... & such a dramatic way this time. So decided that should let David continue with his holiday unaffected, & I'll settle it the next day. He parked the car by the side on the road, on the grass.

Luckily, sernwei managed to borrow Damien's car, & he was heading off to airport to pick a friend as well. Money on cab saved! Great to have friends who are so willing to help.

Really funny, seeing this bright red car parked by the side. Opened the bonnet & saw that one of the black tubes connecting the radiator to the engine had bursted.

When I called the mechanic, 1st thing he asked was if I had a screwdriver. HUH!???
But since I didn't, put the weird qns aside, & said no. So he gave me the tow trucks' no. to call.

After waiting for damn long, at least 30mins, Allan came driving Damien's car. Wah, shiok sia! If you think Allan's juz a big burly fella, he's not! He came with a bottle of chilled sprite! Heaven sent in this burning heat!

Anw, got tired of waiting for the truck 2 come, & i realised the mechanic prob wanted me 2 fix the mess myself. So called him, got the instructions & started work. Thanks to allan, managed 2 get the parts quick enough.

Smart rite! haha, okok, no big deal, simple job, unlike the shit i did b4 in army. But still very proud. haha.

Really drained tho... That stupid sun is really burning the whole place....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment