<$BlogRSDURL$>
Click for Perth, Western Australia Forecast

Cubicle of the Mindless

Blog.... started as an idea, to update & inform friends of my life. Had wanted 2lessen any kinda alienation, & 2save me the trouble of reiterating daily details. Now I do crap here, occasionally some personal thoughts & reflections. Don't worry, ur secrets are still safe with me. 8^)

Friday, October 15, 2004

Have I? <1>

All started with a ICQ conversation I had in mid '03. Typing away in my room in Currie, with nothing 2 fill the temporary void I was in except the Internet. Sad, but true. It was my only means of contact with people at home. Friends I had a few then, but still too new. Everything was too new.

I had not sensed anything different about me, as I continued tapping on the keyboard. So much distance, yet my words conveyed something. Through this cold but effective way of communication, he could tell I was different.

He did not ask. He was sure, & so he told me that I had changed. His words were simple & precise, "You've changed, that's not so good".

Somehow, I was not all that surprised. I knew I wasn't radically different, but I wasn't how I used to be either. Perhaps it was the recent break-up, or a phase of adjustment 2Uni, or even just the freedom given to me in a foreign land.

It might have even been everything. The fact remained that I wasn't the same, or just that this other side of me resurfaced again. I was like a cocktail of negative thoughts & emotions. I viewed my surroundings through the eyes of a pessimist. That also gave me a gloomy sketch of the near future.

Made me think back on how I was before, during the time we knew each other in the army. How different I was back then. Army life was terrible not because of its monotony, or the endless work that had to be done.

It was so because we were treated like beings without pride & dignity. All we had was one another & we persevered. I was optimistic about things, because I knew these buddies would be there all the way.

I wasn't in such company back in mid '03. Everything was just too new & foreign. Yet it made me realise what I should do, or at least try to do. It was not easy to be optimistic though, not for me at least.

Nothing for me to feed on. Back in the days of 46SAR, the support I had fuelled my spirit & optimism... Now?? Dunno.... Time to look for something within myself I guess...

Shall continue this another day, this should b a part 1?? erm.. lets not make it a trilogy.... I'll continue & end it with another entry in a few days time...

3 Comments:

Kwow wat? i think u shd write for straits times man..ur last entry sounds very reflective n interesting :) ---Winnie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, October 18, 2004 4:26:00 pm  

haha, thanks winnie!
but definitely cant write for straits times leh
cannot make it 1~ haha
write on my own blog happy enuff~ 8^)

By Blogger emoboy, at Monday, October 18, 2004 6:11:00 pm  

hey adrian,
really like the way you communicate your thoughts... very intriguing indeed!hey, i've read your comments in my bloggie and yeah, i'm just in here to say a little "hi!" and well, add me into your links too! take care and hey........i wana meet you if you are going back sing this summers!

gracie

By Blogger gracie, at Tuesday, October 19, 2004 11:24:00 am  

Post a Comment