<$BlogRSDURL$>
Click for Perth, Western Australia Forecast

Cubicle of the Mindless

Blog.... started as an idea, to update & inform friends of my life. Had wanted 2lessen any kinda alienation, & 2save me the trouble of reiterating daily details. Now I do crap here, occasionally some personal thoughts & reflections. Don't worry, ur secrets are still safe with me. 8^)

Saturday, April 24, 2004

Something about Mary~~~~

haha! 1 that S'pore lacks when compared to Australia, openess in censorship. Juz watched There's Something About Mary last nite, on TV. Was only expecting 1 of the cut scenes, haha! But there was more!

1. Image of Ben Stiller's "nuts and frank" caught in the zipper, when he went over to Mary's hse to pick her up for the Prom~~ haha! disgusting!

2. While Matt Dillon was spying on Mary, a scene showed him seeing her old hsemate's saggy boobs thru his bino~~ OMG!!! I'm scarred 4eva!

3. Ben Stiller jerking off, and Mary eventually using the "hair gel"

So if anytime u wonder why some comdedies actually dun last for over 1 1/2hrs, its coz of the Censorship Board~ Life it would kill for them to juz let loose a little~~

There're lotsa good stuff on free-to-air TV here, at least compared to Singapore. U definitely wun get Queer Eye, L world, Sex and the City, and lotsa films w/o cuts on free-to-air TV in S'pore. But I admit I do miss some local S'pore TV..... I rarely hear the goggle box sprouting Chinese or Singlish, no more silly S'porean sitcoms, where the yellow-boot contractor speaks in his heartlander accent, or Chinese MTVs playing non-stop on SCV.... tho SBS channel would occasionally screen Asian films during late nites, but its rare........ I totally have no clue as to wats on S'pore TV now.... losing touch with culture at home... haha, not that TV defines and encompasses everything, but it is a very large part of my life la. it also makes life here more pleasent, kinda like a consolation~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment