<$BlogRSDURL$>
Click for Perth, Western Australia Forecast

Cubicle of the Mindless

Blog.... started as an idea, to update & inform friends of my life. Had wanted 2lessen any kinda alienation, & 2save me the trouble of reiterating daily details. Now I do crap here, occasionally some personal thoughts & reflections. Don't worry, ur secrets are still safe with me. 8^)

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Almost There, Almost There....

Another late post..... Beginning to feel rather handicapped without any access to Internet.... Its like I'm totally cut off from civilisation..... Think I'm to used the conveniences of the internet....

haha! my hsemate david juz complained that we shd get our net access soon, coz the sch labs suck!! They hang constantly, lotsa webmail sites(hotmail, yahoo) are blocked! & u cant listen to ur mp3s or chat while surfing! wah piangz!!!

Oh well, serves me rite! Life was fine living in Currie Hall(my hostel last sem), but my backside itchy wanna move to new place! Haha, oh well, anyway, these few days most of our stuff have been settled.

My bed, pillow & bolster all have sheets on them, the kitchen has minimal utensils & equipment(cutlery, pot, mini-toaster). When we got the pot on Sat, we finally got to drink water at home! We had to walk to My frnd's place to drink water b4 this coz we had no cups or boiler......... Australia's tap water is drinkable, but it has this strong aftertaste... boiling helps rid the water of that......

Pathetic rite.......... haha, but we had 3meals at home so far! Sat dinner(pasta by Raymond),Sun breakfast(juz plain eggs with bread), & Sun lunch(pasta again, but this time made by me, which i think is much nicer, hahaha!). Now all that is left is for the housing agent to help us repair the microwave, some blinds & lights, & i can start making the place more homely~~~

Something interesting happened 2day.... On our way back home, we dropped by this place near Canningvale Highway. David brought us to this Ipoh restaurant thats highly recommend by lotsa pple... damn crowded... while we waite for our seats, this huge gang of pple came. By some weird twist of fate, they happened to be david's church frnds.... They made a reservations & invited us to join them.... din mind la... but quite intimidated.. seriously.... 1 big gang sia! more than 10! they were all Asians, but had very heavy accents.... Dunno y but i nv felt comfy toking to asians with accents.... Its prob a S'porean mentality.... like in s'pore where pple tot u were very poseur if u spoke with a heavy caucasian accent, be it American, British etcetcetc...... Thru-out the entire dinner, i kinda felt damn outta place man.... I tot they had a queer sense of humour.... not really funny... & the topics they chatted about din really interest me..... perhaps its juz something to do with my comfort zone??? oh well.... any1 in that situation would probably feel uncomfy rite?(sounds kinda self-consoling)....

sighs.... my mental framework is not tuned to studying now.... no sense of urgency at all.... chamz man... i cannot slack.... if i start slacking then no hope liao.... coz i'd slack all the way.... I gotta get the momentum i had last sem.... otherwise i'm dead for sure..... I'll arrange my room 2nite so that everything will be neat.... Tots are clearer in a neat n tidy condition! STUDY STUDY STUDY! muz make my parents money worth!! otherwise die man!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment