<$BlogRSDURL$>
Click for Perth, Western Australia Forecast

Cubicle of the Mindless

Blog.... started as an idea, to update & inform friends of my life. Had wanted 2lessen any kinda alienation, & 2save me the trouble of reiterating daily details. Now I do crap here, occasionally some personal thoughts & reflections. Don't worry, ur secrets are still safe with me. 8^)

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Home is.......??

That's my msn nick for a couple of days now.... juz wondering wat it really means to me.... yar, we all use "home" so frequently to imply that we're heading back to wherever we stay.... So often, 'home' juz slips outta our mouth... I've corrected many frnds here, who have always answered me with the phrase "I'm going home now" when they really mean "I'm going back to hall" "I'm going back to my house"........ Home is back in S'pore(4 the non-sporeans, juz means home is where u came from...)

So what's home?? its a place where,
-I feel at ease.
-I can wake up in the morning(usually afernoon~ haha), and juz laze around in my bedroom.
-I can go downstairs to the nearby coffeeshop, and buy a packet of chicken rice for lunch.
-I'd call up some old frnds and meet up, chat about old times, and how life's treating us all.
-public transport is so advance that i can go anyhow by bus or MRT.
-I can buy all sorts of food when i feel like being a glutton~~ sushi, chwee kueh, wanton mee, bazhang, cheecheong fun, soya beancurd, ice kachang etcetcetcetc~~~
-I can hear pple on the streets speaking Singlish....
-movies that are screening are always the latest, and only cost $7-$8.50.
-the TV always has channels and programs of English, Chinese,Malay and Tamil.
-Mom's cooking is
-the Heart is....

Somehow, I'm not really enthusiastic about the coming finals... Not because I've always detested exams, but coz there's nothing much to look fwd to after it. Most pple I noe are heading home, even for that short 3wks... me?? well, I'm gonna stay here till the summer hols come.... I'm prob not in such a bad state, coz there'll definitely be some students who nv go home for years, doing summer courses here.... & i noe there's nothing much i can do about this, and have to psycho myself to take things positively etcetc~~~ but I definitely cannot deny my own feelings and tots rite??
I MISS HOME
I WISHED I COULD GO HOME 4 the HOLS


oh well.... juz hope that my hols here in aus will be eventful enuff, or at least not boring...