<$BlogRSDURL$>
Click for Perth, Western Australia Forecast

Cubicle of the Mindless

Blog.... started as an idea, to update & inform friends of my life. Had wanted 2lessen any kinda alienation, & 2save me the trouble of reiterating daily details. Now I do crap here, occasionally some personal thoughts & reflections. Don't worry, ur secrets are still safe with me. 8^)

Friday, January 14, 2005

Singlehood

Met up with a couple of friends for dinner on wednesday night. Glad I turned up because been trying to meet up with these friends for sometime.

Anyway, while chatting, the topic somehow shifted to 'Adrian's love life'. How boring can that be?? None at all, so whats there to talk about???

Question were fired straight at me.
"Why haven't you found a girlfriend?"
"It's been so long since your last relationship, 1.5yrs??"
"You having too high expectations huh?"

Urgh! How to explain myself?? How how?? Its not that I don't wanna get into a relationship, & its not that I have unrealistic expectations. However, certain things just don't happen.

So I admit that I'm a real people watcher, esp when it comes to admiring girls. Haha! But that's about it. I don't go up to every or any cute girl I see & try to hit on them. I don't do that.

Even though I look at cute girls, doesnt mean the one I'm looking for has to a good looker. Me not that superficial la. In the end, even if she has the looks, but we cant get along, also no point.

Not that she's gotta be real great, but so far, I haven't met any girl whom I have feelings for. Good friends & confidante yes, but none with that kinda feelings. since things are like that, what you want me to do?? Piangz....

Sure, I do feel envy for friends in relationships. I know how wonderful it is to be in love, how nice it is to have someone there. But I'm not gonna just find some girl for that right?? If it happens, it happens..... If it doesnt, then it doesnt!


Even tho singlehood is lonely at times, it aint that bad. I have more time for my family, friends & myself. I get to go out anytime I want, since my schedule is all about me & ONLY ME.

I can hang out with whoever I want, without a girlfriend who would get jealous if I hang out with girls.(my ex hated it...) I can spend as much time as I want with my buds, without having to consider about whether my girl likes it ornot.

Singlehood has less restraints, less imposed expectations. For now, I'll enjoy being single, & not care so much about how much better it is to be attached. If it happens, it'll happen. ok?? 8^)

PS: Coincidently, I'm blogging excactly 1month before Valentine's Day. Hahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment