<$BlogRSDURL$>
Click for Perth, Western Australia Forecast

Cubicle of the Mindless

Blog.... started as an idea, to update & inform friends of my life. Had wanted 2lessen any kinda alienation, & 2save me the trouble of reiterating daily details. Now I do crap here, occasionally some personal thoughts & reflections. Don't worry, ur secrets are still safe with me. 8^)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

tiny island

Sometimes I wonder when I feel depressed, alone & isolated
Is it all self inflicted, or am I just destined to suffer

The quick-fix diagnosis would be that I am in denial
that I am unable to admit my own shortcomings
that I have deeply unresolved issues

Seems to be the case most of the time
judging from all the too real for TV examples
Oprah's showing it to you, Dr P is psycho-analyzing it too

And I do hope it is
that somehow I am lacking in something
some absent trait that I can blame it on

Maybe I am not positive enough
or I am too emotional
perhaps even just plain juvenile

I am well aware of its' presence
that of which I have built over the years
of which I hope would be my castle

The bricks seem so hard
the water in the moat so cold
yet it is not what I desire

All is sufficient within the walls
but still tempted to peer beyond
looking for possibilities

The chance to lower it
for those who desire to understand
to explore within

0 Comments:

Post a Comment